I misplaced my AirPods and easily refuse to pay to purchase new ones. The most recent third technology AirPods, that are unbelievable! I noticed them once more! – from $169. The older second-gen model is $120 (sure, there are typically offers on-line). These costs aren't ridiculous; in spite of everything, they're luxurious items, and the worth is consistent with different high-quality wi-fi headphones.
Nonetheless, I simply do not need to pay $169 for headphones. I might a lot reasonably pay a lot, a lot much less. Say… $20, possibly $25? I do not assume I would like to elucidate myself right here. I want to hold extra money in my pocket. It appears cheap sufficient.
And sure, I'm completely prepared to accept high quality. Apple AirPods have spatial sound with Dolby Atmos, characteristic pairing and lengthy battery life. I do not anticipate a $20 set to attain all of this, however I would like one thing that's Completely first rate.
Fortunately, Amazon has a dizzying array of low-cost AirPod-looking wi-fi headphones. They've bizarre model names you've got by no means heard of, and the costs appear arbitrary (and sometimes there is a coupon on Amazon, which confuses them much more). I began testing them to seek out out which one fits my wants: not costly, however nonetheless usable.
I examined 5 white headphones from totally different nameless manufacturers, or as I prefer to name them, ShitPods.
My standards for choosing the 5 choices out of the various had been:
• It needed to appear to be an AirPod. I skipped headphones of a unique coloration or form that may have been wonderful.
• Value level beneath $25.
• Many evaluations and good or excessive ranking. (Sure, it may be performed, however a minimum of it is a begin.)
• Free supply and returns by way of Amazon Prime.
However first, two huge caveats:
1) I primarily use headphones to hearken to podcasts and audiobooks. Music high quality is just not my most important concern. In the event you're an audiophile or music is your ardour, you need to in all probability simply shell out extra money for higher headphones. I additionally use them for cellphone calls, so the standard of the microphone – the individual on the opposite finish wants to have the ability to hear me nicely – is necessary to me.
2) All of those had been accessible on Amazon, however by the point I examined them for a month, two of the unique 5 listings had already disappeared. That is as a result of Amazon's market for reasonable electronics is a funhouse of hypercapitalist accelerationism, as John Herrman of New York journal illustrated in his latest article “The junkification of Amazon.” There are bizarre pretend model names like “CXK” or “Raviad”. Opinions are sometimes deceptive or false, sellers are sometimes not the producer, and costs fluctuate continually. It is potential that in case you learn this a number of months after it was revealed, the hyperlinks to the merchandise may have modified once more.